Thursday, March 4, 2010

No I didn't...

My first Knitting Olympics and I didn't get the Gold. But hey, there are VERY FEW people who actually get the Gold on their first Olympics. I'm in good company. Besides, of all the people who read this blog (all 3 of you) how many are surprised, seriously?
It all started very well and good, but when I got to the thumb gusset the pattern asked me to do something that, to this very day I can't do. I cannot for the life of me force myself to read a pattern form left to right. It's just unnatural. Meanwhile my mitten (yes the ONE mitten I actually started) is sitting in my big WIP bag marinating, yeah, that's it, MARINATING. I will likely finish them in August, just in time for them to be completely useless.
Thankfully I have plenty of yarn to keep me busy. In fact the other day when I was looking for a particular ball of sock yarn, I hastily yelled out, "I'm missing yarn" (let mention here that the stash chest was open and there was a significant amount of yarn strewn all over my living room floor) this child:

Gratuitous shot of my gorgeous Jess.

looked me dead in the eye and with all the seriousness an 8yr old can muster said to me: Um, how can you tell? I'm so misunderstood as an artist... Be good, Be safe.

1 comment:

porpoise said...

Love(2234029872065). And she's right? How can you tell?

If it makes you feel any better, I've now entered three knitting olympic challenges and I haven't won any of them. You're in a proud club m'dear!