Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Whoosh!

Anybody know where the rest of March went?
Not me, that's for sure!
But somewhere along the way this happened:
She did this herself folks. Her sisters were dying of laughter, as was I.
That mother of the year ward will be mine for sure this year!
April is here and with it came my birthday. I had a most excellent day too.
My mom took me out to lunch where there was an incident between me a delivery truck and a pole. Don't ask it was quite inelegant and I have the bruise to prove it.
Later that afternoon Superman and the girls provided me with cake.
It was great!
This is definitely worth the mess Superman had to clean up. Apparently Scratchy enjoys cake and ice cream. But not much.
That night I went to Knit Night and enjoyed an evening surrounded by some mighty fine knitters and cupcakes provided my buddy Jenny (hi Jenny!). It was wonderful. I had such a great birthday, I couldn't have asked for more. Then this past Saturday we had big load of tragedy dumped on us and I spent the day choking back tears and reconnecting with family I had lost touch with. Odd how death brings people closer together, sad as hell too. I do not approve.
On Sunday I went over to see my mom and nearly had the bejungis scared outta me. As soon as I walked in the door and there were short people yelling Surprise! and blowing horns and shouting. I may or may not have suffered a miocardical infarction, my old ticker can't take that kind of stuff anymore. Ahem.
The culprit was this beautiful creature. My widdle thisister Meli (she's the un-blurry one) seen here on her own birthday.
I was provided with baked goods yet again, this time Tres Leches cake yum!. Apparently I turned 8 this year. I'm down with that.

All on all I had a great birthday. I'd like to take the time to thank everyone who helped me have a most excellent day. I am a truly blessed knitter. I win!

Have agreat day kids!

1 comment:

porpoise said...

A big hug and smooch for you for a yucky Saturday - I hope you're doing ok.

And as has been previously noted elsewhere, Scratchy has a great future as the ANTM contestant with the most 'tude. Look at that pose!