Please if you see a mistake, keep it to yourself. Don't tell me, it will kill me.
The Malabrigo is wonderfully drapey. I'm glad I didn't make socks with it, otherwise I'd never take the off. They would be worn out by now, I would have worn them everyday, and this would be a very sad post. Especially because even though they have plenty more Malabrigo at the LYS and in this color even, they do not have this dyelot.
Now I'm not going to tell you that the ones they have are not pretty, but this one was gorgeous. It has shine and depth and is dark and iridescent. It mystifying really. Given that this was a Chirstmas present just adds to the beauty of it.
Some of the dye came out during the wash though, but it did not affect the finished project. The color in this picture is not accurate either, at least not on my screen. But do you see the wonderful stitch definition, even on something so simple the stitches just seem to pop. It's also huge, it came out at just over 8 feet long! It grew about 2 feet with the wash and block.
All in all I give this project 5 stars a big kiss and a hug. I forgive it all its sins during its knitting time and ask it to forgive mine. I promise to love it forever and ever, in sickness and in health as long as stay pretty and keeps it's shape.
Have a great day!
1 comment:
Truly stunning. I'm glad you guys have made up too.
I think the folks at Malabrigo were smoking the good stuff when they proposed using this stuff for socks though. It's too good for the feet!
Post a Comment