Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Burt-day

Seven years ago today I gave birth for the very first time ever. It was to a beuuutiful baby gurl, we named her, Jessica. It was a good thing she was purty dang cute cause as far as I know, there isn't a return policy.
As I sit here this morning trying to put words to these feeling that well up inside me every time she has a birthday, I realize that I can't. There are no words for the beauty and wonder that make her up. She is just too perfect (just like my other gurlies).
Jessica is creative, imaginative, generous, kind, helpful, thoughtful, and always very loving. There are just so many words to describe this girl and yet here I am, not able to find the perfect one.
I asked her this morning why in the world she was growing so quick. Her answer was, "sigh, Mummie, I have to. I know you doesn't like it, but I just can't help it" then she kissed my forehead like I was some sort of senile old biddy (which is ironic, since that is how I feel today). The girls is smart y'all and it all happened in the blink of an eye.
Happy Birthday my dear sweet baby girl. I love you and I hope the next seven years go slower. Your cupcakes are in the oven.

2 comments:

porpoise said...

Happy Birthday Jessica! And good job being so nice to your Mama on such a special day. But she's not really that decrepit yet.

What a beautiful post. And I'm right there with you, although some days I can't help checking to see where I stashed that damn return policy. There has to be one, right?

puggerhugger said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Happy birthday to you, girlie, and you have a terrific mama.