Tuesday, July 21, 2009

So you wann ahear about Easter....

Ok, so it was like 4 months ago, but who cares, I barely have enough thought space for the next five minutes; indulge me. Before we continue I want to explain a few things. First off, my family does Easter in a big non-religious way. We are awesome. Second of all there are eggshells and confetti and silly-string involved. Lots and lots of silly string. Third of all my hair was longer back in April, it has since shrunk. Fourth of all Superman, my brother and whoever else was in charge of picture taking during my moment of fun got fixated on taking only silly pictures of me from behind. I completely understand the fascination I mean I can be pretty amusing and great source of laughs, but dudes, they were also in charge of recording my childrens memories of this day for future reference/ blackmail material. Instead all I have is shots of me. I've chosen the least embarrasing ones, but I could only do so much.

This be mah hairs prior to the shrinkage in May. That's silly string in it, part of the reason for the shrinkage is that silly sting is a biotch to get out of your hair. Ignore my roots, I got that fixed too.

Here we have a picture of my behind midstride, flatering, no? Also, I bet you didn't know it, but digital cameras add like 40 pounds. For serious. It's either that or the candy.
The little specks in the air are bits of silly string and confetti. I think Superman took this picure while someone was aiming for him. I think they got him. Excellent! I approve. Again with the behind pictures...Here I am apparently stnding motionless as Meli takes aim with the can of silly string. In the clear bag you can clearly see the eggshells I have collected and plan on using as amunition. In the background you can see my favorite nephew taking aim at his own mother's behind. Good Boy! I approve of this as well.
This was taken during the hunt for eggshells. There were also plastic eggs filled with candy for the kiddos, but the real prize for the adults...er taller people are the eggshells filled with confetti and glitter. Did I forget to mention the glitter.
Yeah, we put the finest powdered glitter in the shells. If you get hit with these you end up sparkly for about a week. I'm still finding glitter to this day. It's awesome.
Here is one of the neighborhood hoodlums chasing after me. I think it's quite clear that I am a hapless victim in all of this. Do you see that bully up there chasing poor little ole' me down. You can see she has an eggshell in her hand. The savage. I got her later though.
I wish I had gotten a shot of the battle between us, the glitterati and my mom, the chicken. We had to drag her out of the house in order to get her properly glitterfied and silly stringed. At one point she took Scratchy hostage, but in the end we got her. She's a fighter though, and I had the bruise to prove it.
I'm off to go see what else I have neglected to write about. Should be amusing. Don't be surprised if I start talking about Christmas. You've been warned.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Mr.Bowers said...

ok, first of all, you took a long time to post this. when was easter?

secondly, those little specs in the air on the 2nd picture---are ghosts! BOO! your back yard is totally haunted.

Carmen said...

I know, but I had nothing else, my daughters, you see, it's summer, it's all I got man!