Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Suggestion, I Swear!

Today we are better, thank you all for the well wishes. Scratchy is back to her normal loving self and I am in love with being her mother again. Yay!
So the Yarn Harlot has begun a list for the non-knitting gift-buyer to the knitter. I suggest that Superman and Meli pay attention. And that is all I have to say about that.
Well except for that firs post regarding these needles. I'm not gonna lie, they are da bomb! But for the price 2 pairs these, I could get an entire set of these, or a set of these(which is what my heart really desires (hint, hint Superman). Also the quality of the Knit Picks needles is superb, especially since they are literally the same price as the Susan Bates and Clovers that I normally employ for my knitting. Now I know that for the casual knitter all this talk about knitting needles seems a little over the top, and I totally understand. A year ago I was totally in that mind set. I used to think that needles were needles and they'll all get the job done, which is true, but now that I knit every single day and for long stretches of time (especially at night) I think that the quality of the tools is very important. Also, being on a tight family budget makes you appreciate the quality and the price of the KnitPicks.
Speaking of knitting at night (during my insomnia attacks, which are a kinda frequent) here is my own little contribution to the list. Get your knitter, sew-er, crocheter, or night owl one of these. They are the best. I got mine during my awesome weekend of desertion. I love it, I am totally getting more, cause right now I'm guarding this one with my life. I'm terrified of losing it.
It is a clip-able light and it has a little rotating mechanism so that you can aim the beam of light towards almost any angle you like. I use it at home, in the car and also to routinely blind myself accidentally. It rocks. I'm getting another green one, totally.
What are you all planning on getting me, I mean your knitter?

No comments: