Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Merry Christmas Y'all
From deep in the heart of Texas, I'd like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas. We celebrate Christmas eve at my mothers house, we always have. It wasn't 'till I went and got hitched that I ever celebrated an actual Christmas Day. Growing up (I did too! See I'm taller now) we spent Christmas day resting and cleaning up the mess from the night before. Some years we visited my aunt, but most years we stayed home, after all we just saw her the night before. These were simple, less tiresome times (at least for me, my mom was probably glad it was over).
Nowadays we go to my mom's for Christmas eve eating, dancing and ahem...drinking. At midnight we open presents (yes even the kids). As kids, we loved that we didn't have to wait until morning, we just had to make it to midnight, you see if you fell asleep, no one woke you. Then you have to open all your presents by yourself in the morning. It just wasn't as much fun.
It is a very rowdy event, I love it.
Christmas day is spent with my in-laws. We get together for diner and afterwards we open presents. It is a much more calm and subdued event but quite lovely, especially since usually we are exhausted and sometimes a little dehydrated (read hungover) from the previous night at my mom's.
I love that my gurlies get to experience both kinds of Christmas, OK 3. See all my gurlies still believe in Santa. There is a whole series of events prior to Christmas morning that ensure the continued belief in the big jolly dude. Jess is aware that as soon as she begins to think that Santa isn't real, he wont be, to her. The big perk in this is that Santa bring s presents that mommy and daddy have told her she can't have for various (fake) reasons. This year I have decide that she and her sister have not earned any play makeup or purses. But Maybe Santa will bring them. I guess well see.
Merry Christmas Y'all!!!
I'll post pictures as soon as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment