I live to knit, alot.
I was giving Scratchy's Hat pattern one last look over when I got a phone call from the gurlie's school. Jessica had fallen in the girls bathroom and had hit her head. The school nurse said she would need stitches. I may or may not have had a Myocardial Infarction. I may or may not have gotten a wee bit dizzy. I grabbed my bag and Scratchy and ran out of my apartment like a bat 'outta hell. Luckily we were ready to go due to an impending trip to the oil change place.
When I got to the school she was sitting with a bag of ice to the back of her head. The place looked like a crime scene. When I saw my baby sitting there covered in blood I must admit that I went weak in the knees. The sight of blood is bothersome for me, the sight of my own baby's blood is unbearable. I took her to the ER where they cleaned her up and put a wee little staple on the laceration. We were there for nearly four hours, I knit the entire time. It was the only thing that kept me from slapping the personnel there upside the head. When we returned home I fed the gurlies and plopped myself on the couch and knit the rest of the evening. Only pausing to put them to bed and to start dinner.
Knitting keeps me from thinking and from my sometimes violent tendencies. I don't consider it a hobby anymore. It's become a coping mechanism. I will never not knit again, if I can help it.
I started these:

Cause it snowed here:
Scratchy helped:
Jess is fine:
So is Lily.
Thanks to all the Ravelers and to my family for the well wishes.
No comments:
Post a Comment