Tuesday, October 7, 2008
I dont know why I even keep trying.
Dudes yesterday sucked, it was one of those days when you just run around trying to keep up but falling more and more miserably behind as the day goes on. Of course it had to do with my awesome skills at procrastinating, but I still feel that is no reason why a whole day had to suck.
See, I volunteered to help with some fundraising packets at my daughters school. When I signed up for this I thought it would just be us PTO mums getting together to make sure all the orders were correct and having coffee. But it doesn't work that way, uh-uh, nope. No, the way it works is that a few of us volunteer to do it before the fundraiser even begins, then once it ends and all the packets have been turned in they divvy up said packets by grade and each of the volunteers gets to take a whole grade home to review. I think it goes without saying that I will not be volunteering for this next year. It is just too tedious. Especially when you go to the meeting on a Tuesday and get handed a crate with about 30 packets in it. I know that it doesn't sound like too many, (that's how they get ya) but each packet has about 4 different things that have to be done with them and that's not counting the 3 other things that you have to do if they are not filled in correctly or if the $$ isn't right and .....oh it's just too much.
Well like I said we got the packets last Tuesday and since I only saw 30 packets then I figured I could do it during the week end. Then on the week end I figured I could do it all on Sunday evening. Sunday evening I figure I could do it later that night. Y'all I actually went to bed thinking I could do it 2 hours before I got my daughters up for school. Go ahead laugh, no seriously take your time, I'll still be here when you get up off the floor......
Done? Okay, sure I'll give ya a little more time......
Okay now? OK, so I went to bed (midnight) and I fell asleep, but at around 3am in the depths of my slumber a great big huge fear took a hold of me. "What if it took longer than 2 hours?" It shook me awake and I got up (made coffee) and began precessing the evil wicked packets.
Dudes it took me 7 hours to process the damned things. Seven hours, Superman had to take the gurlies to school so that I could keep working, all I did was dress them, feed them and brush their hair. I had to turn those suckers in by noon so I had no procrastinating time left. I put Scratchy in her swing and let her watch Sesame Street for that hour she was awake.
(Her morning routine consists of waking up, stretching, "using the facilities", nursing and then going to back to sleep until noon) It felt like it would take for ever, but I was done by 11am, that gave me enough time to feed Scratchy and get showered and ready to go.
Do y'all see how that one act of procrastination screwed up my whole day. No? Well once I dropped off the packets I had to wait around for the treasurer to come get the $$. By the time it was all said and done it was 1:45pm. I still had to go to the grocery store and the bank and the pharmacy. The gurlies get out of school at 3:00 pm, I had an hour to take care of business. It very nearly killed me, Scratchy is heavy, and so were those groceries. I must admit that yesterday is pretty much a blur (I think I made Ramen soup with grilled cheese for diner) and that I will never procrastinate again (riiiight).
Today the gurlies are home from school, they have stuffy noses and headaches (no fever thank God). I kept them home cause there is no reason their teachers should put up with their crappy attitudes when they don't feel well, it is my opinion that they put up with enough crap already.
So we will be staying home today and recovering.
Don't ask about the knitting, I think I quit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry you had such a crappy day yesterday! But you can't quit with the knitting - what would I do on Thursday nights without you?
Have a big coffee and some chocolate. Those always help.
mnmnnhmh, how true, how true!
Done!
Post a Comment