And now Ike, yikes. No they are not former boyfriends, they are Hurricanes.
Well technically Edouard was a Tropical storm, but still, it looks like all the dudes are aiming for Texas this year y'all.
Superman wants to leave and personally I kinda don't, only because Ike is so freakin' massive that it will have an impact as far inland as Austin. I might as well just stay here, and get hurricaned on at home (my stuff makes me feel safer).
Honestly right now, I'm making a list of all the pros and cons of leaving. Wanna see it? Here goes: Ahem...
Pro:
Category 3 winds here in Houston, cat.1 in Austin, for sure.
Con:
I'm far enough inland that, maybe it wont be that bad
Pro:
I will get to have a mini vacation.
Con:
Too freaked out to enjoy it.
Con:
I'd have to pack for 5 people
There may not be room for my yarn(some but not all )
Possibility of being stuck in lots of traffic, maybe in the rain, with a 6, 4, and 1 year old.
Pro:
We will feel better not having to go through the storm with said 6, 4, and 1 year old.
I can finally get rid of all the acrylic in my stash.
I will meet new people and get to see new places, Superman is really good at making lemonade.
Lots of knitting time, Superman wont let me drive, he gets all Superman-ish on me.
It's dead sexy!
All in all I still don't want to leave. I think a big, huge hastle. But I keep remembering these sweet children of mine and realize that in the end it's best if we do.
Send good thoughts our way people, we will need it.
See y'all on the other side of this.
They really made me feel awesome. Thanks.



No comments:
Post a Comment