Today is Saturday, not only that but it's the first Saturday of the first week of school and it's also a holiday weekend, which makes it a 3 day weekend. You see Monday is Labor Day, the day we celebrate and honor the working people by not working.
Well mostly, because not everybody gets the day off. But I digress, the point is it's the Saturday after the very chaotic first week of school. Historically I take this Saturday off and sleep until late morning, usually 10am, then I putter around in my PJ's all day and try to do my very best at accomplishing nothing.
Not this time though, today there is lots to do, and I mean lots. So, I woke up at the usual time (Scratchy helped) stumbled in to the kitchen half asleep to start breakfast. Superman works Saturdays so I figured since I was up I'd feed him.
That's why he keeps me around you see, sometimes I feed him, well that and the fact I'm the most affordable baby sitter ever.
After he ate, he got dressed and since I have so much to do today I wasn't really going to need to leave the house. So I told him to take the SUV, cause I have to stay home today. His car is a stick shift, which makes it impossible for me to drive it, therefore removing the temptation to just leave the house and ignore all I have to do today. I've been known to do that, but not often.
Well after he left I went back in to the kitchen to start coffee, because I refuse to be forced to work while under-caffinated, it's inhumane you see. Once in the kitchen I began the holy ritual of coffee makin', when I reached for the canister I noticed it was kinda un-heavy, which was odd because I distinctly remember buying coffee on Thursday. Imagine the horror I felt when I saw this:
Yes people, even though I distinctly remember buying coffee Thursday, I am somehow inexplicably out of said coffee. Now I know it's been a rough week, but there is no way I drank all that coffee in 2 days.
The only explanation is that Superman has been giving the kiddos coffee in the morning and making extra coffee to take to his co-workers, because with the economy the way it is the company is no longer providing coffee (that would also explain the lack of toilet paper and milk around here) and everyone is taking turns bringing in coffee. Yeah that must be it cause I know I just bought coffee dammit!
As I'm thinking this I'm tearing apart the pantry and planning out the speech I will have ready for Superman in the evening, if I haven't gone and jumped off the balcony if I don't find coffee right this second.....
Well the good news is I found the coffee:
As you can see, it ain't really coffee. This jar of coffee flavoring is the coffee that I bought on Thursday. In my attempt at being well prepared, I bought this in case I ever ran out of coffee.
Obviously this is a bittersweet victory given that I am out of coffee and I am prepared, but the irony is I failed to buy real coffee.
Like I said, it's been a rough week.
1 comment:
Sorry about the coffee! But at least you're prepared for the worst! ANd I would have thought that teachers would understand what this weekend is like for parents and arrange for Star$ delivery or something.
And how ripsh*t are you going to be if school is closed on Tuesday for All-Hail-Mighty-Gustav? Not as pissed as me...(of course, having said that, I have now guaranteed that it Mr. G will dump 24 inches of rain on us and my house alone will flood in my entire neighborhood, rendering my flood insurance completely worthless). Sigh...enjoy Labor Day!
Post a Comment