Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Spoiled Super Extra Funky Rotten!

Interwebs, I have something to show ya!
Behold and be jealous!!! Alot!

Yesterday as I was making up the yarncakes for my first ever sweater, there was a loud knock on my door, needless to say it scared the bejungus outa me. As I looked through the peephole I yelled, "identify yourself !" Dude was all "UPS ma'am!" I was like "Oh my, my mail order maid is here, yay!" But all he had was this big as a shoebox.... well...box. The address label read, "Knituitist the faboulous, (hell yeah!) I knew instantly what it was. So naturally I tore it off his hands and slammed the door then proceeded to immediately tear the box apart. Then there was another knock at the door, (blushing) apparently in my excitement I completely disregarded UPS guy's request for my autograph! (UPS guy, I'm sorry but I really wanted you to give me that package....wait no...I wanted my package from you....nope....ugh dude you get it!) I signed for it then I closed the door again and continued to tear through it. Inside I found this:


It contains

1 awesome gorgeous delicious hank of Socks that Rock! (I want to eat it!)

8 beautiful green stitch markers (on the bag)

1 super cool row counter

3 Teddys for my behbehs

1 chocolate smelling pencil

a shacago(Chicago) snow globe


a Knitter's book of finishing techniques, by Nancie M. Wiseman (swoon)

and the piece de resistance:

1 gawgeous handmade bag.

The most beautifulest purse I have evah seen yall! It is lined with a beautiful green fabric, even the handle is lined. There is also a hand made purse inside that is made of the same lining fabric. I hate to say it yall (given that I have coveted the yarn for a long time), but this is my favorite thing in the box!! I hearts it with ever single cell in my heart. I mean look at it, that there is handmade yall! Do any of you non-knitters know what that means? That there is no purse, it is a work of love. It is the gift of time, captured in a beautiful object. Not just any kind of time either, spare time, the most precious and rare kind. I, being a mother, hold spare time in the highest regard simply because of its rarity. This beautiful bag was made during the precious spare moments that this very busy knitter could have spent getting a manni-peddi or taking a nap or a bubble bath, instead she chose to sit and knit me something that would make me feel like the most cared about person in all of Knitterdom. For this, and this alone I will cherish this bag for the rest of my hectic life. I love it lots and lots.


Christy, (aka Cverity)

Thank you evah soo much, I luv it all! You have spoiled me spectacularly rotten. You know for someone who spent the entire swap torturing me, I gotta say that you did a bangup job gurl!

You Rok! Rok I tell ya!

I leave you with pixies of me modellin the yarn, the photographer was TigerLily, she is a 4 yr old prodigy.
This is mah favurit shot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jealous (1,000)!!! Love your, um, package?!?! LOL And your photographer did an awesome job. :) ~mkvral

Anonymous said...

Awwww..look at how spoiled you got! You even got to get out of the knaughty corner long enough to answer the door!

Linda said...

1) Lucky girl!
2) GREAT thank you post. You're an inspiration.
3) Isn't Swap on a Budget fabulous?
-fasola4mi