Monday, February 9, 2009

Mothering, FAIL!

Signs that you are a bad mother.
  • You keep wondering of she has a problem.
  • "Don't you get it" keeps popping into your head.
  • You have the urge to snatch her homework, stuff it in your mouth and chew it until the frustration is gone.
  • Your daughter looks upset, as in, she's near tears upset.
  • You say in a really loud voice "oh for goodness sake!"
  • You quit and send her to bed. Homework unfinished.

I'm so freaking ANGRY! I hate that I upset her, it's First Grade Math for craps sake!!!!!

When I went to tuck the poor thing in she said "mommy, I'm sorry I don't pay attention". I explained to her that it was mommies fault and that all I really want is for her to do well and that I know I just wasn't explaining things well enough.

I left with tears in my eyes. I totally failed her and made her feel like it was her fault. I feel like such and ass.

Whining over, I had no where else to vent. Screaming into a pillow is not an option right now. I suck at parenting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw. it's okay. we all have those days... more often than we care to admit. the great thing about kids is that they're so forgiving, and they bounce back resiliently... especially if they know that they're loved and cared for.

** HUG ***

and just to throw it out there, if you ever want me to help, let me know. i may have some of my teacher-training left over from my elementary teaching days, and more often than not, it helps if it doesn't come from someone related by blood. my son will do ANYTHING his teacher asks him to do, but if it came from me... well, you know how it is. :)

porpoise said...

Oh sweetie - I'm sorry you had such a rough time. However, I disagree (1 bazillion) with your title. No fail here, just frustration on both sides. The fact that you are beating yourself up in any fashion tells me you're an awesome mom.

If it makes you feel any better, my oldest offspring had her first evah full blown hysterical uncontrollable tantrum last night over...going to the bathroom before bed. You know, that torturous, world-ending peeing thing. She stood in the bathroom screaming for about 45 mins. It was horrible, and we both (me and Dad that is, not her) needed a drink after she was finally calmed down and in bed. So you are not alone.