Friday, January 30, 2009

Honesty and Knitting

Yesterday, I forgot to post about the little shrug I made for Scratchy. Here it is. The pattern is called Confection (Rav link). It's really simple and quite versatile. I have made 3 so far and I've yet to tire of it. Shrugs are quite useful around here considering how odd the weather can be. This one is knit in cotton, perfect for spring I think. With a little math I'm sure I can make one big enough for Jess and Lily.
Yarn: Classic Elite, Provence.
Needles: Knit Picks 16" circular 5mm (US 8)
A few days ago somewhere in the Ravelry forums someone posted that they believed every ones house was in order and that she felt people exaggerated the state of the messiness of their houses. So to demonstrate that my house is not always in order I give thee my coffee table as of 10am this morning.
It has looked this way since yesterday afternoon. With the only change being the addition of yarn that I got from my buddies Heather and Carroll, during a de-stash at last night's knitting night.
It took alot of courage for me to post this shot, and I swear that I'm tidying it all up as soon as I post this, but I wanted to reassure that person, that indeed every ones houses are in various states of untidiness at some point. Mine more so than normal. Most of the mess is knitting related, but messy none the less.

Below you see a shot of the as yet unfinished hat for Superman. If you look in the shot above you can see the printed pattern laying on the coffee table. You can also see how small the shrug is.

The picture is driving me bananas. I bet If I hadn't posted it, it wouldn't bother me. Hmn, maybe if I post a picture of my closet, I'll want to clean that up too.

Sorry that shot is so dark, but you get the general idea, right? Alrighty then I'm off to clean up the coffee table. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Shanta Hayes said...

Yeah a fellow comrade, now if only my husband would believe that not "everyone's" house is always tidy. Woohoo!