Dudes today was historic. Totally.
I would like for each and every one of my readers (all 3 of you) to get out a notebook or a piece of paper and make a letter to the future and tell the future all your emotions and all your hopes for it. Tell your future what you were doing this night, where you were sitting who you where with, when you learned the news. I want you make a note of it simply because this day, today (or yesterday, it's after midnight) will never, ever be again. There will never be another First African American President, we were all lucky enough to see and be part of something so incredible. There may be more African American Presidents in our future but there will never be another first.
Your future deserves to know how you felt tonight. If you do not yet have children or your children are as young as mine are, they deserve to know what happened, not from the media or the history books, but from you.
My daughters were in bed by the time that the results were announced but in the morning during breakfast I will try to do my very best to explain to them how huge this night was. I have a feeling the Scratchy will not care much now, but she will definitely know. That I can guarantee.
If you took part in this election and your candidate won, no matter what your own race may be, you should be proud. Proud of the change and proud of the huge leap forward that America has finally taken.

No comments:
Post a Comment