NOT!!!
But ain't it funny. My love for all things History and the current political atmosphere compounded by the horrifically fantastic hurricane that just ran over us makes this little pun quite amusing to me. (Sadly very few people get it and most think it's morbid, idiots!)
We actually fared quite well. In fact we made it through absolutely and completely unaffected. Seriously. It was scary as all get out and I will never ever be the same person again but thank GOD we made through.
We never lost power (unlike 95% of Houston) so we have had all the comforts we could possibly ask for. We did however lose our water for about two or three days, which was inconvenient but not terrible. I had hoarded enough water to get us though about of week of waterlessness(I like making up words, can you tell?) And that's not even counting the drinking water I had hoarded, which was also in biblical proportions. Yep, you could say I was a bit prepared.
Unfortunately the same could not be said about alot of people here. Most thought that this was just another scare and just barely got around to getting water, if that. It was expected that Ike would hit somewhere south of here, I cant remember where right now. But it ended up slamming right into us in the end. Well, not us, Galveston to be exact which is about an hour from here, so I'm guessing that puts it about 60 miles from here.
I'm not gonna sugarcoat it here y'all, the storm was scary as all get out. It was loud and scary and big and powerful, which in my book makes it worse than having to speak in public or the color yellow or fartin' in public and getting caught. Hurricanes are horrible terrible abominations of the earth, right up there with beets and rotten eggs and political corruption and all the other horrible things that can pop into your head. I'd rather have no coffee(!)
Many people are still without power which makes everything more difficult. Your food goes bad, cant get more because the grocery stores are without power and so are the gas stations so you have no gas either. Fortunately on my side of town almost everything is back up and running so it makes life a whole lot less inconvenient.
I know I've rambled but please understand that I'm just now coming off of panic and survival mode. I promise next post will have some knittin'. Meanwhile here is a picture. But keep in mind that it is nothing compared to what Galveston looks like, in fact if you look at it in contrast to the devastation that has befallen Galveston you will realize that in reality there is nothing wrong with it at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment